Ambition and Opportunity
Thurrock is home to unrivalled opportunities for new homes and jobs, unlocking high quality, community-driven and infrastructure-led growth right on London’s doorstep.
- 30,000 new homes
- 1,000 acres of land ready for business development
- 24,500 new jobs to be created
- £20 billion of investment in jobs, homes and infrastructure
Thurrock boasts unrivalled development opportunities right on London’s doorstep. The borough is just 30 minutes from central London by train and benefits from excellent strategic transport links, with six international airports and 18 million people within an hour’s drive.
It is already home to some of the most exciting industries and organisations in the country, including the internationally-renowned Royal Opera House and three international ports along 18 miles of riverfront.
Why Thurrock Council?
- A balanced budget for the next four years
- Top performing planning authority in the country
- Council-owned Thurrock Regeneration Ltd building 1,000 new homes
- Ambitious £575million capital programme, including £152million for transport, £200m for housing and £163million for regeneration
At the heart of the ambitious plans for Thurrock’s future is Thurrock Council – the unitary authority looking to unlock the borough’s huge potential.
The council is underway with call for sites and issues and options for a new Local Plan, and is actively seeking developers interested in investing in the dynamic heart of the Thames Estuary.
Read more about our ambition and opportunities below: